Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes great on my carrot cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a mixer bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter or margarine, and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beat till smooth.
Perfect icing!! Very simple.......Used 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, as we don't like an overly sweet icing to take away from our cake. One batch iced the whole red velvet cake with nothing left to spare.
I love making this icing for carrot cake. It is also good on pumpkin cookies. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
like previous suggestions i cut the sugar and used 2 cups. i also used about 2/3 of the stick of butter instead of the whole thing. to make it easier to work with i softened the butter and cream cheese together for 1 min on 50%power. creamy and delicious. the reduced sugar really highlights the tangy-ness of the cream cheese