Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Found this recipe in a magazine - they sounded yummy & I thought they would be a great addition to any holiday cookie plate!
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed almonds
- maraschino cherry, cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together cream cheese, margarine,& sugar; add almond extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder& salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Chill dough at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; roll in crushed almonds& place 1 1/2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Top each with a cherry slice.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.