Recipe by Aunt Paula
I love this recipe because it is so easy to roll out, and the taste is great. This is our favorite Christmas cookie recipe to make, but I also make them for Easter and Halloween. Sometimes I ice them or just sprinkle with colored sugar while they bake. I always double this recipe for us.
Top Review by HeidiSue
These are wonderful...almost like pastry. Made them for Valentines and everyone loved them...parents & kids! I've made several cut out cookie recipes and not found one that I love just yet, until now! Thanks so much. One thing, I wasn't sure about was how thin to roll them. I think 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch was good for me. They also cooked more like 13-14 minutes. Thanks!!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and cream cheese, then add the sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla, and flour last.
- I like to chill dough over night or at least several hours.
- Roll out chilled dough and cut in desired shapes with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Ice and decorate.