Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the old TSR recipe boards.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease square 8 inch dish.
- Beat brown sugar and margarine till fluffy.
- Stir in Bisquick and walnuts until mixture is crumbly.
- RESERVE 1°C.
- Press mixture into pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Spread mixture over baked layer in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbly mix.
- Bake 25 minutes more until center is firm about 25 minutes.
- Cut into 2 in squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
I was looking for something to make with cream cheese and last time I looked, I found another recipe for similar to Christmas cookies, not really what I wanted. I had bought cream cheese at a food warehouse and wanted to find new recipes to make using it. I made it and it is in the oven now. Yummy already. I don't really like lemon, so I put 7-up in it instead, so it still gets that bit of lemon flavor, but better. It is good. I think I would add more filling next time as the "crust" kind of takes over, although it is good.