Prep 24 hrs
Cook 12 mins
these are my son in laws favorite sugar cookie
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups ground pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- powdered sugar
- in bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.beat in egg yolks, gradually add flour, cover and refrigerate overnight --
- remove from refrigerator 1 hour before rolling.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- combine nuts, sugar, butter and egg white.mix well.set aside.
- divide dough into 4ths.roll into 1/8" thickness.
- cut with round cutter, place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- place 1 tsp filling in center of each circle.shape into a cone by folding edges together --
- bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes or lightly browned --
- roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.
- place on wire rack to cool.
- if cookie "opens".gently press together with fork while still warm.