1/3 Photos of Cream and Crumb Schnitz Pie
This is a most lucious and delicious pie. A mennonite recipe that I got from the book "Food that Really Schmecks" I have been making this pie for years and I have to tell you, I have gotten up more than once in the middle of the night to eat that last piece before anyone else can get it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together sugar, flour and butter until crumbs.
- 2Sprinkle half in the bottom of the shell.
- 3Arrange the apple slices on top of the crumbs.
- 4Mix half of the remaining crumbs with the cream and pour over the apple slices.
- 5Finally, mix the cinnamon with the rest of the crumbs and sprinkle these over the top.
- 6Bake at 425*F for 10 minutes.
- 7Reduce temperature to 350*F and bake about half an hour longer.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream and Crumb Schnitz Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3185.0
- Calories from Fat 1332
- Total Fat 148.0 g
- Saturated Fat 68.5 g
- Cholesterol 268.5 mg
- Sodium 1405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 465.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.0 g
- Sugars 308.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g