Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Whenever you need pizza quick, this is the recipe to go for! It is not a traditional yeast dough crust...it actually starts out with a batter that turns into a crust. It is extremely easy to prepare, very good and you could probably have it done and on your table before the pizza parlor could :)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 354.88 ml pizza sauce or 354.88 ml spaghetti sauce
- 473.18 ml pre-shredded mozzarella cheese or 473.18 ml pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour a pizza pan or 10 x 15 baking sheet (with sides).
- Combine flour, salt, oregano, pepper, eggs and milk and mix well.
- Pour batter in pan and tilt pan around until bottom of pan is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the cooked meat, onions and mushrooms over the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle on pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake for about 5 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- Slice and serve!
I scaled the recipe to 2 servings cooked it in a 8" round cake pan and made my own personal pan pizza. I added garlic powder, onion powder and pizza seasoning to the mix. I used a ton of red and green peppers, banana peppers and red onions. It was delish. A definate repeat, I can't wait to make it for my husband. I have been looking for a lower calorie pizza crust and I have found it! Thanks a bunch for posting!
I've been making this for years. It's very good and very easy. But I pour the crust into a 8*11.5 pan. And instead of flouring the pan, I sprinkle corn meal into it after spraying.
What a great pizza recipe. Both my husband and I are diabetic, so the fact that this crust is about half the amount of carbs as traditional crust is a great bonus for us. The baked crust is very light in texture. I cut the salt amount in half and don't feel that it compromised the flavor in any way. We will definately make again. Thank you.