Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the 1984 Louisiana World Exposition official cookbook. Is the only etouffe' recipe I ever use!
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce
- Season crawfish tails with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a large skillet, heat butter; add crawfish tails and saute 3 minutes.
- Add yellow onions and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with flour and blend. Add water, brandy, green onions, parsley, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Serve over fluffy white rice.
Outstanding! And I had everything in my pantry except the crawfish. A quick trip to the store took care of that. Got extra to go in the freezer. This will be the "go to" recipe for that, too. So quick and easy for a dish that you would swear took hours to prepare. Can hardly wait for leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Thnx so much for posting, -Mary-! Made for Spring PAC 2009.