Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious mix between chocolate chip-banana bread and coffee cake, great for dessert or breakfast.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas.
- Mix well till smooth.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of this mixture over batter in pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350F oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
Have been making this cake for years only we call it Banana Crater Cake. This is the only banana cake DH likes I have tried others but he always says stick with what works. Thanx for posting.