Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice little Autumn-Winter beverage originally from Ocean Spray. It's certainly a different take on Wassail. This is from an older magazine clipping.
- 64 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 1⁄2 cups apple juice (use 100% juice)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches each
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 orange slices (garnish)
- 6 cloves, whole (garnish)
- Mix all ingredients, except for the garnishes. (If you are iffy on the sugar, add it last, a little at a time and taste as you go along).
- Heat the mix to boiling in a large saucepan, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the wassail to remove the spices.
- Serve very warm in a heat-proof punch bowl and garnish with the orange slices and cloves.