1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Best Holiday Recipes, 2009, & if you're as big a fan of the sweet potato as I am, well . . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Scrub & pierce the sweet potatoes, then bake them for 1 hour or until tender.
- 3In a small saucepan, saute the onion in the butter until tender, then add the cranberries, syrup, water, cranberry juice & just 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in the walnuts & mustard & heat through.
- 6Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then sprinkle with the pepper & remaining salt.
- 7Top each half of potato with 2 tablespoons of the cranberry mixture, & sprinkle with chives.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Walnut Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g