Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful cranberry sauce for you Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. It is easy to prepare and so much better than what you get from a can. The fresher your cranberries the better. I have found that older cranberries are more bitter and take more sugar to get the right flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed
- walnuts (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan heat water with the orange zest, orange juice, salt and sugar and stir till all is disolved (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberreis burst and the sauce has thickened (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add walnuts. If needed add additional sugar or Karo syrup.
- Let cool and place in refrigerator.