Recipe by Sheynath
This is an old family recipe. I don't know where it came from originally. I am made to bring this salad every Thanksgiving, my sister says it's not really Thanksgiving without it! It does sit overnight to mellow the cranberries, but the prep is quick.
Top Review by beksbks
I've been making this for Thanksgiving for over 20 years. Now everyone in the family asks for it. I do not grind the Marshmallow, but add them whole. The best part is the day after! It's the most asked for leftover!
- 12 -16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the cranberries and remove any stems or leaves.
- Grind the cranberries and marshmallows together using a meat grinder or chop in a food processor.
- Turn the cranberry mixture into a bowl and add the sugar.
- Stir well, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, whip the cream to soft peaks, then gently stir into cranberry mixture.
- Add the chopped apple (do not peel it), halved grapes and nuts and just mix through.