Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw the origianl recipe in a Quick Cooking magazine. It called for fresh or frozen cranberries. I perfer the dried ones, but anyone can surely change it up a bit too. I've been making this cake every Holiday season now for about 4 years. It's always a huge hit. The cranberries make it look so festive, and taste oh so good. I've had many request for this recipe and I hope you enjoy it too!!
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; set aside.
- Pour butter into a greased 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter, then cranberries and walnuts.
- Top with pineapple.
- Keep all fairly even.
- In mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter.
- (Top will have an uneven appearance).
- Cool down to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.