1 hr 10 mins
I saw the origianl recipe in a Quick Cooking magazine. It called for fresh or frozen cranberries. I perfer the dried ones, but anyone can surely change it up a bit too. I've been making this cake every Holiday season now for about 4 years. It's always a huge hit. The cranberries make it look so festive, and taste oh so good. I've had many request for this recipe and I hope you enjoy it too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- 2Add water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; set aside.
- 3Pour butter into a greased 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter, then cranberries and walnuts.
- 5Top with pineapple.
- 6Keep all fairly even.
- 7In mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice.
- 8Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 9Pour into prepared pan.
- 10Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter.
- 12(Top will have an uneven appearance).
- 13Cool down to room temperature.
- 14Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Upside - Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g