Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I concocted this recipe for a change from the usual ground beef meatloaf. It is easy to prepare, moist and tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (120 g) box turkey stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased loaf pan,.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing.
One of our favorite holiday recipes. I change it a tiny bit to accommodate our leftovers...I leave out the milk/water and use 1 cup of leftover HOMEMADE whole cranberry sauce. It makes this recipe over-the-top delicious. My cranberry sauce is a simple recipe from the Joy of Cooking cookbook and it gives this meatloaf the perfect taste. My husband likes Thanksgiving and Christmas more because he knows the meatloaf will follow....hahahah! My two <4 year old boys also love it, which is amazing.
very good, but will definitely saute the onions first next time; too undercooked for my taste.
This was delicious and a big hit with my partner. I omitted the cranberries (don't like fruit with meat), but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I'll be making this one again, thanks lily!