Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in our grocery ad this week. Sounds really good! I might even try this for Thanksgiving Day dinner next week. From Ocean Spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, roasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, cranberries, apple and risins in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar and spices in a separate bowl.
- Add sweet potato mixture, tossing to coat.
- Place in a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour cranberry juice over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes or until potatoes are almost soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pecans and cook, uncovered, 10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Yet another great yam recipe for me to keep on hand! We loved the combo of yams, cranberries & raisins AND the lack of the usual marshmallows! Also, a generous scoop of leftovers adds greatly to the ingredients of a smoothie with a cranberry juice base! Thanks for a very nice keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement]