Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Quick and easy meal when your in a hurry. I know the idea of cranberries and BBQ sauce together does not sound very good but these 2 flavors really do compliment each other in this recipe. I have also used pork when making this dish.
Top Review by Cher Jewhurst
Delicious!! I made it for the second time tonight due a request from hubby. We both love it and the recipe makes enough for hubby to re-heat the next day for lunch. Very tasty and a real nice change from your regular sweet and sour. Thanks for the keeper.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- rice or chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple liquid and cornstarch.
- Stir in sauces and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over high heat.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper.
- Stir-fry until no longer pink.
- Add peppers and pineapple tidbits.
- stir fry 2 minutes longer.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to chicken.
- Cook and stir constantly, over med heat until thickened.
- Server over rice or chow mien noodles.