Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is also from Taste of Home Magazine. What a great recipe. It has a beautiful presentation for company and the taste is wonderful. A great holiday recipe.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix or 1 cup crumbled cornbread
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (5 -7 lb) roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- In a skillet, saute celery, onion and cranberries in 1/2 c butter until tender.
- stir in garlic, stuffing and enough broth to moisten; set aside.
- Place chicken with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- combine salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and sage;sprinkle over inside and outside of chicken.
- Loosely stuff with cranberry mixture.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 2 1/2 -3 hours or until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 180°F for the chicken and 165°F for the stuffing.
- Basting occasionally with melted butter.