1/8 Photos of Cranberry Sticky Buns
2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce fresh yeast or 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk (90 degrees F.)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon mace or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1DOUGH: Mix together yeast, milk and sugar.
- 2Set aside to bloom.
- 3Mix the salt, mace and flour together.
- 4Add the eggs and butter to the yeast, then pour the dry mixture on top and place on your kitchenaid with the dough hook attachment.
- 5Mix for at least 10 minutes, or until smooth and satiny in texture.
- 6Add flour as needed.
- 7Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead by hand a few turns or until very smooth.
- 8Put into a buttered bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise until doubled.
- 9FILLING: Mix the nuts together.
- 10Mix all remaining ingredients together along with half of the walnut-pecan mixture.
- 11Set aside.
- 12TOPPING: Spread the softened unsalted butter evenly across the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 13Mix the remaining half of the nuts with the brown sugar, the vanilla, and lemon zest and sprinkle over the top.
- 14ASSEMBLY: Roll the dough into a rectangle approximately.
- 1512 x 18 inches.
- 16Brush with the melted butter except for about 1 inch along one of the 18 inch sides.
- 17Sprinkle the cranberry filling all over the buttered dough, the roll it up jelly roll style, pinching at each end and along the seam.
- 18Cut the roll into 12 even pieces and place face down, 4 across and 3 down, in the pan.
- 19Cover and proof until nearly doubled.
- 20Bake at 350 degrees F.
- 21for 30- 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the sugar is bubbling up between the rolls.
- 22Remove the pan from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then invert onto a baking sheet.
- 23Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g