Jack's Favorite Salad Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I usually use red wine vinegar but have tried all kinds)
- 2 tablespoons oil (something light like canola or evoo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (I love to use Country Dijon, too)
- cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate and let set---overnight is best to allow flavors to develop.
- Will keep for days in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow. This is my new favorite dressing. It's hard to believe how so few ingredients can result in such a pleasing flavor. I used balsamic vinegar and liked it so much I'll probably never try any other. Thanks so much for posting. I'm really surprised this doesn't have more 5-star ratings! It sure deserves them.
This was for a last minute salad, using lettuce, dried cranberries, and tomato. I used cider vinegar, olive oil, and fresh cilantro for the parsley (risky move, but delicious with the tangy flavor of vinegar). I also used a "country Dijon." Despite serving this 5 min. upon making, this dressing had a wonderful flavor. I loved how it didn't taste grainy and the oil/vinegar didn't separate. I noticed my teenaged son ate his salad without complaint, too. Thanks Mrs. Jack, for posting. Roxygirl