Recipe by Sharon123
Refreshingly sweet and tart! YOu can make this ahead and freeze until serving. Adapted from Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is pretty much like cranberry sauce but not as thick, I did freeze and served this as a slushy, my DH being a cranberry-lover really enjoyed this, for our tastes I used 2 cups sugar, thanks for sharing Sharon!...Kitten:)
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- of fresh mint (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Press through a strainer to remove skins; discard skins.
- To the juice, add sugar, lemon juice, orange peel and remaining water; mix well. Pour into an 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze until ice begins to form around the edges of the pan, about 1-1/2 hours; stir. Freeze until mushy, about 30 minutes. Spoon into a freezer container; cover and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Scoop into small dishes; garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.