Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I got the idea for this from someone getting interviewed on Terry Gross' show, but the recipe is all mine.
- 3750 ounces cheap red wine (5 bottles)
- 1 lb cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 tangerines
- 2 green apples
- 60 ounces seltzer water
- Put the cranberries in a pot with 1-2 bottles of wine and sugar. Turn on the heat, and cook until the cranberries pop.
- Transfer until a big bowl, squeeze 14 tangerines into the liquid, add the rest of the wine.
- Peel the rest of the tangerines, and add the segments to the sangria. Cut the apples into small chunks and add to sangria.
- Wait 24 hours, and add the seltzer before serving.