Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Like a jewel on your dinner table, this beautiful salad perfectly complements almost any meat. Easily assembled the night before, if desired. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups pineapple juice (add water if needed to get to 2 cups)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cranberries, ground
- 1 cup apple, peeled and finely diced
- Drain pineapple.
- Heat one cup of the liquid and dissolve the gelatin; add remaining liquid, salt and sugar.
- Stir well and place in refrigerator.
- When partially thickened, add sherry, apples and cranberries.
- Pour into a ring mold and chill until firm.
- Unmold and fill center with pineapple chunks.