Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My good friend Emily gave me this delicious and easy recipe for Apple Crisp, and I added cranberries and nuts to it to make it festive for the holidays. You probably have most of the ingredients in the cupboard already, and you can whip this up in around an hour.
- 6 large granny smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (equals 1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional, may substitute walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. (If you have one slightly larger, I would use it, just to ensure that it doesn't bubble over.)
- Peel and slice the apples, and layer them into the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the white sugar, the tablespoon of flour, and the cinnamon together. Sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Pour the water evenly over all.
- In the same (now empty) bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, nuts, cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together. (The packed brown sugar should be kind of lumpy - don't break it up too much.)
- Mix in the melted butter and toss until you have delicious sugary crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over apple mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.