Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 hrs
Recipe from "Favorite Meals from Williamsburg" cookbook. I've been making it for the last 20 years. Cointreau adds a little extra "ooomph". Excellent! No cooking - cook time is approximate standing time
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled,quartered and seeded
- 1⁄2 lemon, peeled,halved and seeded
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- Chop the cranberries, orange, and lemon in a food processor.
- Add the sugar, pecans, and Cointreau.
- Process briefly.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Refrigerate overnight.
This was vert good. The only thing I did differently was to remove the orange pith, using only the fruit and peel zest. I'm not sure that it would have made a difference, but after the flavors married overnight it was a great homemade relish. Thank you, Kris!