Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from Land O Lakes recipes. This traditional relish, with the crunch of pecans, is the perfect accompaniment to turkey.
- 1 orange
- 4 cups frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- Peel orange; reserve the fruit for other use, or eat out of hand for chef treat. Cut peel into 1-inch pieces. Place peel in food processor bowl with a metal blade. Cover and process on high until peel is finely ground about 15 seconds. Add half of the cranberries, process slightly; add remaining cranberries, process until coarsely chopped.
- Place cranberry mixture in a large bowl; stir in sugar; pecans and ginger. Cover; refrigerate until flavors are blended, at least 2 hours.
- Tip: you can use a blender or grinder if a food processor isn't handy.