Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this idea from Steve1's Every Which Way Quick Bread, but made my own alterations from the base. This is so delicious and moist, and has the most amazing flavor! You won't be disappointed, I promise. Make sure you use orange juice CONCENTRATE, and not just orange juice!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground fine
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine eggs and oil. Sift in dry ingredients, and blend with an electric mixer. Don't overmix.
- Stir in the last three ingredients with a spoon. Pour into a greased and floured loaf tin.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
I made these as muffins and loved the taste, however they were hard to bake completely through without over-browning. As you can see, they sank slightly in the middle. However, since the taste is so great, I'll try it again. Made for the My Three Chefs game.