Prep 40 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have several breads I give as Christmas gifts, and this is one of the ones people like most. With the nuts and chocolate chips, it's certainly not a low-cal treat, but it's delicious.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in egg and juice just until all flour is moistened.
- Stir in nuts, chips and cranberries.
- Put batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or two 1-lb. pans).
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes (or 35-40 minutes for the smaller pans).