Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Gifts for Giving. Tart and tangy with just a little sweetness.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and butter.
- Stir in the egg, orange juice, orange extract, and orange zest.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the orange mixture.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on a wire rack.
These were very good. Not your basic boring cookie. The dried cranberry and orange combination gave it a little "bang". I would make these again. I brought them to work & my co-workers ate them all and seemed to enjoy them a lot.
These cookies are fantastic! I have this exact recipe from somewhere else. I made them at Christmas for several different groups of people and everyone raved about them. They were the first cookies to disappear from the tray. I will be making these again.