A tasty way to get your fiber! I also plan on trying them with all orange juice in place of the milk.
- 473.18 ml wheat bran
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 591.47 ml flour (I use combo of white & wheat)
- 12.32 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml fresh squeezed orange juice (approximately)
- 395.10 ml low-fat milk (approximately)
- 14.79-29.58 ml orange zest
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze orange juice from orange(s) and combine with enough low-fat milk to make 2 cups total. Add zest from orange(s). Mix in applesauce, vanilla and eggs. Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and mix well by hand. Stir in cranberries.
- Divide between muffin tins, and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.