Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A tasty way to get your fiber! I also plan on trying them with all orange juice in place of the milk.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very good muffins, and very moist for being so low in fat. I tried the all orange juice version suggested in the description. Worked great! I used oat bran instead of wheat bran, also. Will make these a part of my muffin repertoire.
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (I use combo of white & wheat)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (approximately)
- 1 2⁄3 cups low-fat milk (approximately)
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, squeeze orange juice from orange(s) and combine with enough low-fat milk to make 2 cups total. Add zest from orange(s). Mix in applesauce, vanilla and eggs. Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and mix well by hand. Stir in cranberries.
- Divide between muffin tins, and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.