Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not a fan of coleslaw in general but I am a fan of this version. A good friend of mine had made coleslaw for a get together one day that had pine nuts and cranberries in it but she didn't have a "recipe" for it so here is my version...
- 11 ounces pre-shredded coleslaw mix (white cabbage, red cabbage & carrots 10 - 12 oz. package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- In a skillet on low heat toast pine nuts until golden brown stirring regularly and set aside until cool before adding to slaw.
- Combine mayonnaise, sweet pickles, yellow mustard, honey, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the pre-shredded coleslaw mix, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts and celery and top with mayonnaise/mustard mixture made earlier, mix well and serve.
- Best served immediately to enjoy crunchiness of pine nuts but definitely still good the next day! Mmmm Mmmm Good!