Differently Delicious Coleslaw
My husband is not a fan of coleslaw but this completely won him over, so he insisted I write down what I did!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, celery salt, dry mustard, pepper to make dressing (I shake it all together in a jar).
- Put coleslaw, green onions, and almonds in a large bowl and stir in dressing (you may not need to use all of it) until well mixed. Top with freshly ground pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
The depth of flavor was wonderful with the addition of olive oil, celery seed and dry mustard to the traditional mayo/vinegar/sugar mix. I did use celery seed to cut down on the sodium. Omitted sliced almond and green onions as I didn't have them on hand but will use them next time I make this. Thanks for a above board keeper coleslaw recipe!
I served this with ribs last night & everyone loved it. The toasted almonds added a nice crunch. I used Recipe #207690 for the mayo. Made my own coleslaw mix using 1/4 cabbage, 1 green pepper & 1 grated carrot. Had to leave out the green onions for one of our guests. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.