Recipe by dicentra
This is a classic for fall! It’s a little different because it has a bit of an orange flavor, which I love.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Mix together cranberries, nuts and orange peel. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients then cut in shortening.
- Stir in orange juice and egg, mixing just to moisten.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.