Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are surprisingly good! Low carb.
- 1 cup Atkins baking mix
- 1 cup walnut meal
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free orange extract
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries (or other chopped berries) or 1 cup frozen cranberries (or other chopped berries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally grease a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Mix together baking mix, walnut meal (you can pulse walnuts in the.
- food processor until they are very fine if you want to make your own),.
- Splenda, xylitol, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix beaten eggs, extracts, oil, cream and water. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Fold in chopped berries.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into each muffin tin hole (I use an ice cream.
- scoop for this)(you should get 10 muffins).
- Bake for 25 minutes, then allow to cool several minutes before.
- finishing cooling on a wire rack (note that the muffins will not be.
- quite as golden as muffins prepared with sugar, but they should be.
- fairly firm).
- Feel free to wrap extra muffins in plastic and freeze until needed.
- (up to 3 months).