Recipe by Dorel
These tarts are nowhere on Zaar.The recipe came from a baking for entertainment leaflet. I think they would be nice at Christmas. I made the tarts but next time I am going to make into a pie. These also freeze beautifully. If you have the orange liqueur please use it.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Oh I just died and went to heaven. Of course mincemeat is my absolute favorite pie. This is a wonderful combination. Definitely the orange liqueur is the "secret" ingredient. Anyway, it will be added to my mincemeat recipes and can be eaten any time of the year!!!!
- 2 cups mincemeat (jar or canned)
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium orange
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur (Cointreau is good) or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 24 prepared tart shells, store bought is fine,thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine mincemeat and cranberry sauce, stir constantly till almost boiling on medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grate orange peel and chop orange segments.
- Add orange peel, (I only used the zest and took the peel off the orange) chopped orange and liqueur.
- Spoon into tart shell and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 400*F oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.