Taco Chicken Wings
This is spiced-up version of a recipe I found on a supermarket recipe leaflet. I find the seasoning is enough for 3 lbs or maybe some more, wings.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs chicken wings (tips removed)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a plastic bag mix together the taco seasoning mix, cornstarch, cornmeal, chili, cumin and oregano.
- Add several wings to the bag and shake to give it a coating, repeat with the rest of the drumettes.
- Place the wings in a single layer on a greased baking sheet(s).
- Bake for approx 50 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummers! I did an appy party with recipes from Pets. Wow! What a success! These disappeared instantly. I didn't have the cornmeal on hand so skipped it. Didn't seem to make a difference for this crowd! lol. Some people liked ranch dressing as a dip - I thought that they were perfect as is. Thanks again Pets for a great winner. Made for Cook-a-thon for Pets'R'us.Reply
I agree with other reviewers that these are not very spicy but the flavor is very good otherwise. Next time I would add a little salt as I used homemade Recipe #66591 which is salt-free. I also thought a tiny bit of sugar might have brought out the spices more and made them more like barbecued wings vs. "hot" wings. I had just enough seasoning for 3 lbs. of wings. I also lined my pan with greased foil for easier cleaning. Thanks for the recipe! Update: Just wanted to add that these are REALLY good dipped in bbq sauce!Reply
see 7 more