Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries or 12 ounces thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, about
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam (about 6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Sort cranberries, discarding any stems and bruised or decayed fruit; rinse and drain berries.
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium heat, stir cranberries, 1 cup sugar, apple juice, and lemon juice occasionally until berries have broken down and released their juices and mixture is bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in jam and cook 1 minute longer.
- Whirl mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Press through a fine strainer into a bowl, extracting as much liquid as possible with the back of a spoon or a spatula; discard seeds and skins.
- Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days (see notes).
- With a mixer, beat butter with 3/4 cup sugar until smooth; beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended.
- Divide dough into two slightly unequal portions.
- Wrap the larger portion in plastic and flatten into a rectangular shape.
- Press the smaller portion over bottom and up sides, to rim, of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable rim.
- Chill wrapped dough and tart shell until firm, at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days (see notes).
- Spoon jam mixture into tart shell and spread level.
- Unwrap the second portion of dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a shape that closely approximates an 8- by 10-inch rectangle.
- With a knife or fluted cutter, cut dough into eight 1- by 10-inch strips.
- Arrange four strips over filling about 1 inch apart.
- Place remaining strips over tart at a 45° angle to the first set of strips.
- Trim edges flush with dough in pan.
- Sprinkle top of tart lightly with sugar.
- Place tart on an uninsulated baking sheet and bake on the lower rack of a 350° regular or convection oven, rotating tart halfway through baking time, until top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- NOTES: You can make the jam mixture (step 1) and the dough (step 2) for this tart up to 3 days ahead; cover separately and chill.
This is a really a great dessert, I had Kittencal's Perfect Jellied Cranberry Sauce already made in my fridge so that is what I used, I did not have any raspberry jam to add in the cranberry mixture so I used homemade strawberry jam and that seemd to work out well, This dough recupe is not your everyday tart dough recipe, it puffs up slightly while baking, however I was pleased with the texture of the crust, even though I did not use some of the ingredients featured in this recipe, it still turned out worthy of 5 stars, great recipe hon, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)