Nectarine and Blueberry Tart
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup blueberries (optional)
- To make tart, place flour, salt and sugar in processor and pulse several times.
- Cut butter into tiny pieces and pulse until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Add water and bring dough into ball.
- Knead lightly and place in plastic and chill at least 20 minutes.
- In large bowl whisk sugar with cornstarch and gentle toss in nectarines (and optional blueberries.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Roll out dough on lightly floured board to about a 12-inch round.
- Fold in half and then half again and place on ungreased baking sheet. Unfold.
- Pour fruit and juice into pastry and mound in middle. Gently fold up edges around filling leaving 6-inch opening in middle. Pinch folds together and brush with water sprinkle on 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 35-45 minutes until golden.
- Note: You can easily substitute blackberries for blueberries in this recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION