Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is much easier to prepare than similar cocktails of the same name that require boiling cranberries, oranges and sugar for 20 minutes, and then waiting for the syrup to cool. Instead, this version utilizes readily-made items that are normally kept stocked in a home bar, and it doesn't require cooking or cooling time. We had these at our family's Christmas party this year, and I thought they were so festive and quite refreshing and tasty! This recipe comes from the idrink website.
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce gin
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 ounces chilled tonic water
- 1 splash lime juice
- lime wedge (garnish) (optional)
- 2 -3 cranberries (garnish) (optional)
- Pour cranberry juice and gin over ice in a tall glass. Top off with tonic water, then add a splash of lime juice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and a few fresh cranberries.
Cranberries, gin, lime - a classic! We had a strangely warm day for January in Illinois and this was the way to celebrate it.
This is my kind of drink! It is so easy and is just the perfect amount of sweet. I used cranberry cocktail and fresh lime juice. I also just put in a shot of gin and then 2 shots of everything else. This is a new go-to!