Gin and Tonic Jelly Mold
A festive jelly cocktail
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 38 g gelatin, leaves
- 1 cup gin
- 2 1⁄2 cups tonic water, with quinine (fever tree or Schwepps)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 drop chefmaster sunset orange food coloring
- lime wedge, for serving (or wheels)
- Spray a 6-cup silicone jello mold with nonstick cooking spray and place on a plate or baking sheet.
- To make simple syrup, in a small saucepan over medium high heat. stir to combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Once gelatin is softened, squeeze to remove excess moisture and then stir into warm simple syrup to dissolve. Combine syrup with remaining ingredients and then pour into prepared jello mold. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a refrigerator and let set for at least 4- 6 hours and up to overnight.
- To remove jello from mold, rest mold in a bowl of warm water for 30 seconds. Invert mold onto a plate and slowly lift mold off to reveal the jello ring.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION