Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Holiday Side Dishes From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. A delicious twist on cranberry sauce, this festive mold is sweet and tangy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cranberry-raspberry gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can seltzer water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 celery rib, chopped, 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- additional sour cream, and (optional)
- fresh cranberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat 1-1/2 quart mold with cooking spray.
- In bowl pour boiling water over cranberry gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Add seltzer. Transfer 1 cup mixture to separate bowl; reserve. Cover remaining mixture; refrigerate.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 2 T. cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on High until dissolved; stir into reserved 1 cup cranberry gelatin. Whisk in sour cream. Pour in mold.
- Refrigerate until just set, 2 hours. Uncover refrigerated plain cranberry gelatin mixture. Stir in cranberry sauce, celery and walnuts. Spoon into mold. Refrigerate until firm, 2 hours.
- Run knife around edge of mold to loosen; place serving platter over mold and invert to release. Garnish as desired.