Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This fruity relish requires no cooking – all you need is a blender! Cranberries, oranges, apples, and pineapple (plus some ginger and nutmeg to jazz it up) make this a great change of pace from the usual cranberry sauce. The recipe is from Taste of Home’s 2005 Holiday Recipe collection. I haven’t tried it yet, but when I make it, I’m going to reduce the sugar. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place cranberries, orange, and apple in blender; cover and process until chunky.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.