Mom's Fruit Relish
- Ready In:
8 pint jars
- This recipe requires a lot of prep work; I recommend you prepare it with a friend and split the bounty!
- Have ready a large preserving kettle.
- Peel tomatoes, seed, and dice; place in kettle.
- Peel pears, core, and slice 1/4 inch thick; place in kettle.
- Peel peaches, remove pit, and slice 1/4 inch thick; place in kettle.
- Peel and finely chop onions; place in kettle.
- Remove seeds from red peppers and dice; place in kettle.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; let mixture simmer (NOT a gentle simmer) until it is thick; this will take two to three hours.
- Stir frequently.
- Discard spice bag and ladle relish into prepared, hot sterilized canning jars and seal.
- My mother-in-law never processed this, and neither do I; if you can it in pint jars and want to process it; I recommend a 10-minute boiling water bath.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!