From the All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook, this is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried figs, sliced (Calimyrna is good)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small lemon, chopped,seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced,peeled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1In nonreactive 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, figs, onion, lemon, ginger, brown sugar, water, vinegar, salt, and pepper; heat to boiling over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30-35 minutes.
- 3Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- 5To can: put in cup size jars, seal and put in water bath and boil for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Fig Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 316.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 78.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g