Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cake does double duty as breakfast and as dessert. Have on hand for unexpected holiday guests.
Make and share this Cranberry Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. To prepare filling, combine dried apricots and water in a small bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Combine remaining filling ingredients in a large bowl. Add apricots and soaking liquid; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- To prepare cake, combine flour, sugar, butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for streusel topping.
- Add egg to flour mixture in food processor. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk, stir well, and add to flour mixture. Add vanilla. Pulse to make a cake batter. Pour over cranberry mixture in pan.
- To prepare streusel, add streusel ingredients to reserved flour mixture. Toss well. Sprinkle over cake batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.