1/1 Photo of Cranberry Cream Salad
2 hrs 30 mins
Diana #2's Note:
So easy, so pretty, and so very tasty. This salad/dessert is very light with a bit of a tang. Very refreshing. Don't save it just for Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's wonderful on a hot summer day. Because of the colour, it fits very well into 'pink' themed occasions like girls birthday parties, Mother's Day, or bridal and baby showers. Unlike others posted, this version has less added sugar and marshmallows. The recipe makes a large amount, but can easily be cut in half for smaller gatherings. Cooking time listed is standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop cranberries in a food processor or blender. Don't cut them too finely as you'll want to have larger chucks in there too. If using frozen berries, chop while still frozen.
- 2Combine cranberries and sugar. Let stand for 2 hours.
- 3In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff.
- 4Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple.
- 5Give the cranberries and sugar a stir, then gently fold it into the whipped cream mixture. Over mixing will turn the entire mixture pink. While it won't change the taste, or make it any less attractive, try to have a few 'ribbons' of cranberry throughout the bowl.
- 6Spoon into a large glass serving bowl or individual parfait glasses. Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Cream Salad
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g