Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
So easy, so pretty, and so very tasty. This salad/dessert is very light with a bit of a tang. Very refreshing. Don't save it just for Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's wonderful on a hot summer day. Because of the colour, it fits very well into 'pink' themed occasions like girls birthday parties, Mother's Day, or bridal and baby showers. Unlike others posted, this version has less added sugar and marshmallows. The recipe makes a large amount, but can easily be cut in half for smaller gatherings. Cooking time listed is standing time.
- 2 cups cranberries (not dried)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow (do not use the coloured variety)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Chop cranberries in a food processor or blender. Don't cut them too finely as you'll want to have larger chucks in there too. If using frozen berries, chop while still frozen.
- Combine cranberries and sugar. Let stand for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff.
- Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple.
- Give the cranberries and sugar a stir, then gently fold it into the whipped cream mixture. Over mixing will turn the entire mixture pink. While it won't change the taste, or make it any less attractive, try to have a few 'ribbons' of cranberry throughout the bowl.
- Spoon into a large glass serving bowl or individual parfait glasses. Chill until ready to serve.
This was easy to make and so delicious! I had to use canned whole berry cranberry sauce because there are no frozen cranberries available in March. My DH and DS really enjoyed it. This is a keeper! Made for the Aus/Kiwi Swap #26.