Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like cranberry sauce, you'll love this moist cake! It's delicious with or without the glaze.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce or 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- ***You can use either an 8-ounce or 16 ounce can of cranberry sauce, depending upon how much fruit flavor you want in the cake.
- (I use 16 ounces)*** Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease bundt cake pan and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Mix together salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and almond extract to creamed butter mixture.
- Beat in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared baking pan.
- Cover with cranberry sauce.
- Top with remaining half of batter.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Note:*** To have two layers of cranberry sauce rather than one, put 1/3 of batter in pan; 1/2 of cranberry sauce, repeating layers ending with batter.
- ***After cake is removed from pan and completely cooled, mix the Glaze ingredients together and drizzler over the top of the cake.
So much like my recipe CRANBERRY RIPPLE CAKE Cranberry Ripple Cake. I did use 16 ounce can. Skipped the glaze no need for it at all. Silly me should have read all the directions first. Take note of mixing the dry ingriedents,Do not mix all dry as stated in step 4. save the sugar to cream with the butter. I ended up mixing all dry (which I added fresh grated nutmeg)then pulsed the butter in the food processor adding the wet mixed then pulsed the dry. Used pecans instead becuase thats what I had on hand. And it came out scrumptious!
I followed the directions EXACTLY but when I spread the cranberry sauce then topped with the remaining batter, the cranberry sauce sank and causing it to become soggy on the bottom :(