Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A snack that grown-ups and kids will love! You can substitute any dried fruit of your choice for the cranberries and use your favorite nuts. Looks cute bagged up for halloween treats.
- 14 -15 cups popped corn
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200º.
- To avoid sticking, use vegetable spray to coat both inside of large bowl, cookie sheets and spoons that you will use.
- Put popcorn and nuts in bowl. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil everything but the baking soda. Boil 5 minutes.
- Add baking soda and stir.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring well to coat. Pour onto 2 or 3 greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes to distribute coating.
- Let cool for coating to harden; add cranberries, and then store at room temperature.