A great cake for the fall cranberry season. I always have cranberries in the freezer (I stock up in the fall) and just thaw what I need for baking anytime of the year. This cake can be glazed with your favorite sugar glaze, or make glaze with powdered sugar and orange juice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat a 10 cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, alternately with buttermilk, to egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon batter into bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan 15 minutes and then turn cake out onto plate.
- Glaze if desired.